Container Equivalents (per serving): 2 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1/4 Green, 1 Teaspoon
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small eggplant, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely minced
Salt & pepper
1 cup hummus (1/4 cup per serving)
8 slices of whole wheat bread
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper together
3. Brush the vegetables with oil mixture on a baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. For each sandwich, add ¼ cup of hummus (or 1 Blue) spreading it on top and bottom slices.
5. Top with ¼ cup of veggie mixture on top of the hummus. Add some lettuce.
6. Place the top halves of the bread on top of the vegetables and serve.