1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, almond milk and pure vanilla extract in another bowl. Whisk well.
3. Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until it is smooth.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with spray.
5. Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter to pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles in center of pancake begin to set. Flip pancake and cook for an addition 1 to 2 minutes, or until underside is browned. Remove to a plate.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Top each pancake with a teaspoon of maple syrup (optional).