Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1/2 Purple, 2 Green
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb. raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano leaves
1 dash sea salt
1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
3 tablespoons tomato paste, no salt added
Guacamole (or avocado)
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and peppers, cook, stirring often for about 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, cook, stirring often for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl, set aside.
4. Add turkey to the same skillet, cook over medium heat, stirring often to break up the turkey, for 8-10 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink.
5. Season with chili powder, oregano and salt.
6. Add onion mixture, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low, gently boil stirring often, for 8-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid evaporates.
7. Serve on top of corn tortillas.
8. Top with shredded lettuce, guacamole, and salsa.