Container Equivalents (per serving): 2 Red, 1 Green
4 cooked chicken sausages, sliced
1 pound medium shrimp
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/2 lemon, juiced
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with spray.
2. Add sliced sausages and saute until browned. Set aside.
3. Coat skillet with spray again. Add onion, celery, and pepper. Cook
for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is transluencent.
4. Add diced tomatoes, garlic, cayenne, oregano, thyme, and tomato
past. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Next add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
6. Add the sausage and add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then
reduce heat to a low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add green onions, parsley lemon juice, and shrimp. Stir well.
Cover, and let cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
8. Serve over brown rice (1/2 cup = 1 Yellow)