Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 Red, 2 Green, 1/2 teaspoon
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 small zucchinis, spiralized
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt, drained
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil.
1. Place spiralized zucchini in a plate or bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for approximately 5 minutes, stirring very frequently, until onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add minced garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and seasonings. Stir and heat until just boiling. Add basil. Turn the heat down to low and allow to gently simmer. Taste the sauce and add more spices as needed.
5. While sauce is simmer, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray coconut oil spray. Add shrimp and season with salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes orn each side until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat. Set aside.
6. Heat the same skillet and add zoodles. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure not to overcook them!
7. Add zoodles onto a plate, and top it with shrimp and marinara sauce.