Serves 6 (2 rolls per serving) Makes 12 cabbage rolls
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 Red, 1 Green
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cabbage, cored (12 cabbage leaves)
2 cups of cauliflower rice
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a boil over high heat. Place cabbage in water, cored-side down; cover pan, and reduce heat to low. Steam 20 minutes, or until cabbage leaves pull apart easily. Drain and let it cool down.
2. Carefully cut out the center vein from the leaves. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix beef, cauliflower rice, garlic cloves, onion, salt and pepper
4. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture into the center of the cabbage. Fold bottom half of cabbage over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.
5. Place the cabbage rolls side by side in rows, seam-side down, in a slow cooker.
6. Pour tomato sauce and diced tomatoes on top.
7. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for 4-6 hours.