1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp pure maple syrup (or raw honey), divided use
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 slice of low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Combine egg, almond milk, 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes, 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, and ground cinnamon and mix.
2. Soak bread in egg mixture for 5 minutes.
3. In nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat up coconut oil
4. Add bread, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Top bread with other tablespoon of coconut flakes and add remaining 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup.