Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 Red, 1/2 Purple
Serve Over Zoodles- 1 Red, 1/2 Purple, 1-2 Green
Serve Over Whole Wheat Noodles- 1 Red, 1/2 Purple, 1 Yellow
Nonstick cooking spray
1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 pounds ground turkey
2 large eggs
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly coated with spray.
3. Place breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl; set aside. Let soak for 10 minutes.
4. In a skillet over medium-high heat, spray olive oil spray. Add onions; cook for about 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
6. Combine onion mixture, turkey, eggs, parsley, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and bread crumb mixture in a large bowl. Mix well with clean hands or wooden spoon. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
7. About a tablespoon of turkey mixture, form into meatballs; arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
9. Serve topped with tomato sauce.
10. Top meatballs over zoodles or whole wheat noodles.