Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Purple
2 slices of low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoons pure maple syrup, divided use
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Combine egg, almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, and ground cinnamon and mix.
2. Spread ricotta cheese and place sliced strawberries on top.
3. Soak the sandwich in egg mixture until they are nice and moist.
4. In nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray coconut oil cooking spray
5. Place sandwich in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Cut the sandwich in half diagonally to make 2 servings. Serve with the remaining strawberries and remaining maple syrup.