3 small sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15-ounce) can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
6 whole wheat flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups freshly grated sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1. Bring potatoes to boil until sweet potatoes are fork tender in a large saucepan. About 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat, drain the potatoes, then return the potatoes to the pot and mash.
2. Stir in the chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and chipotle chili pepper. Mix well.
3. Meanwhile, spray olive oil spray in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers and saute until it begins to soften. Add garlic and remaining salt. Once it is done cooking, mix it with the sweet potato mash.
4. Add the black beans into the sweet potato mash and mix well.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray. Place a single tortilla in skillet, then spoon 1/2 cup of filling onto half of the tortilla and sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Fold the empty half of tortilla over the top. Let cook until the bottom of the tortilla is brown and lightly crispy, then flip and brown the other side.
6. Serve and enjoy!